Wednesday, October 17, 2007

What's next

After having done this for other people for so many years, it is very rewarding to kill myself for myself

I went from very physically exhausting 10 hour days of construction straight into physically exhausting 14 hour days cooking. I opened the doors with only about 2 days in the kitchen since January. I am now ready to look at the menu and our style of service and determine what changes need to be done.

I believe we have already been attended by a food writer of some sort who we served a bad bowl of mac and cheese to, but recovered with a tasty steak quesadilla. I know this, because she left her notes? Any takers?

Menu -

http://www.gofoods.net/Greenside_Menu.pdf

I don't feel compelled to open for breakfast during the week. Anyone out there think differently?

I do feel compelled to offer breakfast when I do open at 11am

Salads are now bigger and filled with more protien and the price will go up eventually.

Tuna appetizer will go away, everyone that orders it loves it. Too bad they only order it every other day

I will be training the cooks constantly...it never ceases to amaze me the lengths people will go to 'help me out' with my food cost, presentation, prep time and of course quality, just to do something half assed.

I want to get them trained up, so I can start working on specails and some desserts! I have a very diverse menu, but I am afraid people will get sick of it pretty quick.

SERVICE -

Many comments about disliking the counter service.

Literally, I have about 6 people on the floor that are over 19, you have to be over 19 to serve beer and wine. I think counter service is here to stay ( with the exception of some wine dinners! )

More later when I actually get to work on the menu some!

J